If you see such items listed, please flag them as "Prohibited".
- Anything illegal or that does not follow local regulations
- Business listings must go in their proper category. If it is a service (i.e. NOT an actual item), it MUST go in the Businesses & Services category. Businesses must post items in the paid business category if it exists (e.g. Real Estate - By Agent). If a business is selling specific items, they go in the appropriate category. When in doubt, contact us for clarification.
- Puppy sales are forbidden (free is ok, but specify "free" as the price). We recognize that pets need homes, and thus we allow individual adoption postings for under $100 for dogs over one year of age. Anything else that may have the appearance otherwise will likely be flagged and removed. Additionally, stud services are prohibited. All animal sales are forbidden on military bases/posts (it's illegal). The breeding and raising of pets on Government property for the express purpose of profit is prohibited. All pet listings must have prices. If there is no price, then it must explicitly say "FREE". No wanted listings for pets may be posted.
- Turtle sales/trades in North Carolina are prohibited. See http://www.ncparc.org/WG-PTR/FAQ%20about%20SB285.pdf
- Firearms, parts, and ammunition. The only guns that may be listed are those powered by air
such as Ball-Bearing/Pellet, Airsoft, and paintball markers - but ONLY where legal. If you are U.S. military living overseas, the SOFA agreement may prohibit them as well. Check your local regulations. No other
type of guns may be posted for sale. There are too many
local/state/federal laws regulating gun sales and we prefer to
err on the side of caution than to allow a member to be arrested for
accidentally breaking a law. Additionally, wanted ads for firearms, parts and ammunition may not be posted.
- Any weapon requiring a permit
- Government-issued military gear
- Overposting of items. Don't post the same item more than once/week. When you do repost it, reduce the price, add pictures, extend the description, and seek to make it more appealing. Overposting clutters the site and turns buyers off to your items.
- Free items that aren't free or aren't items. "Free to look" or "Free mary kay with purchase" or "free pampered chef party" or "free estimate" aren't items. It must be an item, 100% free, no strings attached (except in the case of certain toys or puppets that require such strings).
- Non-local items. Generally, non-local items are placed by scammers. If you can't easily meet the person locally to conduct the transaction, the posting is best placed on other venues.
- Reselling WIC items
- Reselling coupons is illegal
- Reselling items obtained for free from a charity organization that prohibits their resale
- Stolen items, including SAPI plates, etc.
- Fraudulent listings. Duh.
- Counterfeit goods (including purse and watch replicas). These are illegal and authorities will prosecute.
- Recalled items.
- Shipping items sold on the site via Military Postal Service is prohibited (see DoD 4525.6M (Postal Manual))
- MLM, ponzi, affiliate, and phishing-oriented postings
- Sex-related items (including magazines, videos, photos, devices, etc). Anything inappropriate for a family, community website. Additionally, looking for "friends" or "dates" or "encounters" is prohibited.
- Adult parties (Passion parties, Slumber parties, etc)
- Unlicensed childcare providers are not permitted to post their services.
- Want ads soliciting childcare are not permitted.
- Adoption services
- Alcoholic drinks, tobacco products, or other items that require a minimum age to purchase or use legally.
- Prescription drugs
- Financing products including, but not limited to, auto financing targeting military personnel and families.
- Commentary, disputes, complaints. Their place is not on the site. Complaints should be resolved between buyer and seller, not on the site. Non-item postings will be removed.
- "work from home" opportunities